Ant task parameters documentation is wrong for new release

I spent some time trying to get the diffDatabase and difdDatabaseToChangeLog working and they both complained about the ‘baseUrl’ property not being supported.   After a little digging in the source, I saw references to referenceUrl, referenceUsername and referencePassword so I switched from baseXXXX to referenceXXXX for those 3 parms and then the ant task works.


I am also getting some ZipExceptions at the beginning of the task but apparently they don’t prevent the task from completlng successfully.


c:\workspaceXtra\Liquibase>ant diff-database
Buildfile: build.xml
  [taskdef] java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
  [taskdef]     at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
  [taskdef]     at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(ZipFile.java:203)
  [taskdef]     at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(ZipFile.java:234)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader.getResourceURL(AntClassLoader.java:1028)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader$ResourceEnumeration.findNextResource(AntClassLoader.java:147)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader$ResourceEnumeration.(AntClassLoader.java:109)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader.findResources(AntClassLoader.java:975)
  [taskdef]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.getResources(ClassLoader.java:1017)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Definer.resourceToURLs(Definer.java:364)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Definer.execute(Definer.java:256)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
  [taskdef]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
  [taskdef]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
  [taskdef]     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
  [taskdef]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:592)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.ProjectHelper2.parse(ProjectHelper2.java:142)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.java:93)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:743)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:217)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:257)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)
  [taskdef] java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
  [taskdef]     at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
  [taskdef]     at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(ZipFile.java:203)
  [taskdef]     at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(ZipFile.java:234)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader.getResourceURL(AntClassLoader.java:1028)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader$ResourceEnumeration.findNextResource(AntClassLoader.java:147)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader$ResourceEnumeration.(AntClassLoader.java:109)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader.findResources(AntClassLoader.java:975)
  [taskdef]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.getResources(ClassLoader.java:1017)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Definer.resourceToURLs(Definer.java:364)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Definer.execute(Definer.java:256)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
  [taskdef]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
  [taskdef]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
  [taskdef]     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
  [taskdef]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:592)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.ProjectHelper2.parse(ProjectHelper2.java:142)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.java:93)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:743)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:217)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:257)
  [taskdef]     at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)

diff-database:

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 35 seconds
c:\workspaceXtra\Liquibase>

Mike (still haven’t taken time to figure out my account login stuff)

Glad you have it figured out. I"ll check the documentation.


Nathan

Nathan,

After reading some other forum entries, I noticed that documentation is a Wiki page so I updated the ant pages for diffDatabase and diffDatabaseToChangeLog to change baseURL, baseUsername and basePassword to referenceURL (Username and Password).   I didn’t change the baseSchema because that didn’t fail on my tests, but I may not have specified it either.

Anyway - I have updated some of the ant documentation.

Great, thanks a lot! Feel free to improve any other docs you find :slight_smile:


I do have an RSS feed to watch for any updates anyone does that doesn’t see quite right.


Nathan

Okay, I think I have gotten rid of the ZipException.  I had the following taskdef in my build.xml and once I commented it out, the ZipExceptions stopped!


  1.    
  2.            
  3.