Difference between manual page and Java API - ColumnConfig/ConstraintsConfig

Hi,

If you notice the manual page for column-config http://www.liquibase.org/manual/column you can notice the following two attributes are not mentioned:

• primaryKeyTablespace
  • check

However, they are present in the class ConstraintsConfig as attributes. What are those attributes for and what are the valid values (String) for those?

Regards,
Shantanu

Another bit that looks slightly different to me is CreateProcedureChange.comments attribute, which is not mentioned here: http://www.liquibase.org/manual/create_stored_procedure

The CreateTableChange.remarks attribute serves similar purpose but the two attribute names are different (“comments” vs “remarks”). Can they be named as just “remarks” or “comments” for consistency?

Regards,
Shantanu

(Catching up on old posts, sorry it’s slow). 

PrimaryKeyTablespace is a field that some databases support that allows you to control what tablespace the primary key index is created in.

Check is an open ended string where they can put in (often database-specific) check constraints

I’m not sure where the comments attribute for create procedure is used.  I don’t see any usage of it.  I would guess the createTableChange uses “remarks” because that seems to be the standard term for comment metadata added to the table itself, whereas I probably used comment in createProcedure to allow a general code comment that is just in the changelog.  It would probably be good to be consistant, but I don’t know if we should have a different term for what gets stored in the database vs what is just liquibase comments?

Nathan

Sorry I’m chiming in a year late on this, but is there a way to suppress the generation of primaryKeyTablespace in the generated changeLog?  At our installation (using 2.0.5), for DB users, we typically create a tablespace per user, so the generated changelog would break on a corresponding update to a differently-owned schema.

An example generated on the schema owned by STEVEC:

Applying update to schema PAUL:
SEVERE 10/16/12 2:29 PM:liquibase: Change Set ./ov51.xml::1350411473804-5::stevec (generated) failed.  Error: Error executing SQL CREATE TABLE MY_TABLE1 (ID NUMBER NOT NULL, NAME VARCHAR2(100 BYTE) NOT NULL, DESCR VARCHAR2(200 BYTE), CONSTRAINT MY_TABLE1_PK PRIMARY KEY (ID) USING INDEX TABLESPACE BELLTV414C): ORA-00959: tablespace ‘STEVEC_TBSPC’ does not exist

liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: Error executing SQL CREATE TABLE MY_TABLE1 (ID NUMBER NOT NULL, NAME VARCHAR2(100 BYTE) NOT NULL, DESCR VARCHAR2(200 BYTE), CONSTRAINT MY_TABLE1_PK PRIMARY KEY (ID) USING INDEX TABLESPACE STEVEC_TBSPC): ORA-00959: tablespace ‘STEVEC_TBSPC’ does not exist