Could you help me with some advice?
I have successfully set up liquibase on MySQL with structure similar to Oracle tutorial article.
The problem is that I’m working now on the script that would import data from old Paradox database to the new mysql one.
So the data is quite big, maybe it’s about 100M sql dump file.
Is that a best practice to store production data in repository?
I don’t like this idea because:
- it’s very big and it would be a pain for other programmers with bad internet connection to get this data
- the repository become +100M bigger
- leaking users information
- some modules in our systems need various data with large amounts of time (for example, reports)
- it’s hard to test system without real data
- generating test data can become a challenge
How do you solve these problems?
UPD: I can load the data into liquibase, the question is how effectively store this data - inside repository or not? If not then how do you solve these issues (see above)?