Access postgis From Different Schema

I’m trying to run migrations to create Postgres tables in a separate schema. PostGIS is already installed in the public schema. It seems that all my migrations are explicitly including a single argument in SET SEARCH_PATH TO ____. I’ve updated my role to set SEARCH_PATH to myschema,public in an attempt to be able to create, say, a geometry type, but since Liquibase explicity limits the search_path, this action is thwarted. If I set defaultSchemaName to “myschema,public” it gets prepended to my table calls. Is there a way I can have myschema (or no schema listed) in the generated SQL, and use a multi-entry search_path? Or instruct Liquibase to exclude the SET SEARCH_PATH statements altogether and use the default for the role / database?

Thank you!

Hi @ethanmc2!

Sorry for the delay, and sorry for the issue you are facing. May I get some clarification?

I am not a search path expert so bear with me here but what do you mean Liquibase limits search path?
And how did it thward your effort. Please include a changeset, liquibase.properties and commandline output (or liquibase udpateSQL) so we can see the issue.

You may want to check out (ymmv as I am not familiar with setting searchpath):
This stackoverflow post .

Thanks,

Ronak

Liquibase generates SET SEARCH_PATH TO public; commands. This breaks the current search path, that includes more than just “public”.
How can one stop liquibase from generating these commands?