Altering Liquibase- Cannot find database driver: com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver

I am trying to alter the liquibase source code so that I can send a regex as table name when trying to add columns. I made my alterations but when I try to run it I get the following error

Cannot find database driver : com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver

I check my liquibase.properties files and I am specifying what my driver is

url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/liquibase
username=*****
changeLogFile=changelog1167.xml
password=******
driver=com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver

What am I doing wrong?

1 Like

Hi @fabiopires10

May I know in which os are you doing this. Once try downloading the mysql driver and saving it in the liquibase/bin directory and then try to connect. I had a similar problem with oracle. I have downloaded the driver and saved it in the bin folder of the liquibase and it worked for me

I downloaded the jar and it worked. But now I am having trouble in step 8(https://www.liquibase.org/community/contribute/code) and I don’t know why because i didn’t alter the code. The error occurs when i Run Maven Build in install.

[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------
[INFO]  T E S T S
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] 
[INFO] Results:
[INFO] 
[INFO] Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
[INFO] 
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time:  01:59 min
[INFO] Finished at: 2021-03-16T17:00:06Z
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.22.1:test (default-test) on project liquibase-core: There are test failures.
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] Please refer to C:\Users\fabio\OneDrive\Ambiente de Trabalho\Liquibase\liquibase\liquibase-core\target\surefire-reports for the individual test results.
[ERROR] Please refer to dump files (if any exist) [date].dump, [date]-jvmRun[N].dump and [date].dumpstream.
[ERROR] The forked VM terminated without properly saying goodbye. VM crash or System.exit called?
[ERROR] Command was cmd.exe /X /C "C:\Users\fabio\.jdks\openjdk-15.0.2\bin\java "-javaagent:C:\\Users\\fabio\\.m2\\repository\\org\\jacoco\\org.jacoco.agent\\0.8.5\\org.jacoco.agent-0.8.5-runtime.jar=destfile=C:\\Users\\fabio\\OneDrive\\Ambiente de Trabalho\\Liquibase\\liquibase\\liquibase-core\\target\\jacoco.exec" -jar C:\Users\fabio\AppData\Local\Temp\surefire12166349281491411511\surefirebooter10301696738189682549.jar C:\Users\fabio\AppData\Local\Temp\surefire12166349281491411511 2021-03-16T17-00-03_150-jvmRun1 surefire8979647988698112489tmp surefire_013398121462052487439tmp"
[ERROR] Error occurred in starting fork, check output in log
[ERROR] Process Exit Code: 1
[ERROR] org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooterForkException: The forked VM terminated without properly saying goodbye. VM crash or System.exit called?
[ERROR] Command was cmd.exe /X /C "C:\Users\fabio\.jdks\openjdk-15.0.2\bin\java "-javaagent:C:\\Users\\fabio\\.m2\\repository\\org\\jacoco\\org.jacoco.agent\\0.8.5\\org.jacoco.agent-0.8.5-runtime.jar=destfile=C:\\Users\\fabio\\OneDrive\\Ambiente de Trabalho\\Liquibase\\liquibase\\liquibase-core\\target\\jacoco.exec" -jar C:\Users\fabio\AppData\Local\Temp\surefire12166349281491411511\surefirebooter10301696738189682549.jar C:\Users\fabio\AppData\Local\Temp\surefire12166349281491411511 2021-03-16T17-00-03_150-jvmRun1 surefire8979647988698112489tmp surefire_013398121462052487439tmp"
[ERROR] Error occurred in starting fork, check output in log
[ERROR] Process Exit Code: 1
[ERROR] 	at org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.booterclient.ForkStarter.fork(ForkStarter.java:669)
[ERROR] 	at org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.booterclient.ForkStarter.run(ForkStarter.java:282)
[ERROR] 	at org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.booterclient.ForkStarter.run(ForkStarter.java:245)
[ERROR] 	at org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.AbstractSurefireMojo.executeProvider(AbstractSurefireMojo.java:1183)
[ERROR] 	at org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.AbstractSurefireMojo.executeAfterPreconditionsChecked(AbstractSurefireMojo.java:1011)
[ERROR] 	at org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.AbstractSurefireMojo.execute(AbstractSurefireMojo.java:857)
[ERROR] 	at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:137)
[ERROR] 	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:210)
[ERROR] 	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:156)
[ERROR] 	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:148)
[ERROR] 	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:117)
[ERROR] 	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:81)
[ERROR] 	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:56)
[ERROR] 	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:128)
[ERROR] 	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:305)
[ERROR] 	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:192)
[ERROR] 	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:105)
[ERROR] 	at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:957)
[ERROR] 	at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:289)
[ERROR] 	at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:193)
[ERROR] 	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[ERROR] 	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)
[ERROR] 	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
[ERROR] 	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:564)
[ERROR] 	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:282)
[ERROR] 	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:225)
[ERROR] 	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:406)
[ERROR] 	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:347)
[ERROR] 	at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:47)
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

Process finished with exit code 1