[ANN] LiquiBase Online Meetup: Thurs June 25, 2009, 12:00 PM US Central Time

We will be having our first meetup 2009-6-25 at 12:00 PM US central time (GMT-5) using the “Chat” functionality of the LiquiBase community forum (http://liquibase.org/forum/chat/index.php)

I will be there to discuss the upcoming 2.0 release, development processes, outstanding issues and feature requests, and anything else of interest to participants.  Planned time is 1 hour.

Hope to see you there

Nathan

Is there any reason for this specific time? Translated to germany this would be 7 am.

Marc

I think it would be 7 PM in Germany…

I chose the time because I thought it would work best for the largest number of people.  Judging by the site traffic, the majority of our users are from the US, and 12:00 central would fit into the work day whether they are eastern time or pacific time.  Non-US users are spread between Europe and Asia, with Europe being the larger group (Germany is actually #2 after US).  It does push you into the evening, unfortunately, but if I shifted the up 3 hours to 4pm German time, it would be 7am US pacific time. 

I am hoping to schedule these on a regular basis going forward, and I will vary the times in an attempt to be as inclusive as possible.

Two additional notes:
#1: to access the chat area, you need to be registered on the forum.  The two systems use the same authentication system.

#2: I am hoping that the chat system will work well.  I considered IRC, but felt a web-based system integrated with our existing forum would be best.  If you have troubles accessing the chat area, or have difficulties during the meetup, post problems to this thread and I will monitor it, even during the meetup.

Nathan

uhhhh. Is 12 PM midnight or noon? i never know that for the 12th hour of the day. :wink:

Note: ok, of course its midnight and then its a perfect time for everybody… (more of less). So forget my last comment. I was weird…

Originally posted by: Nathan
#1: to access the chat area, you need to be registered on the forum.  The two systems use the same authentication system.

I just tried logging into “Public” and “LiquiBase_User_Questions” with the same credentials as my login for the forums and it didn’t work…  (I logged out and back in the the forums, just to make sure I remembered my password.)

Originally posted by: RangerRick
Originally posted by: Nathan

I just tried logging into “Public” and “LiquiBase_User_Questions” with the same credentials as my login for the forums and it didn’t work…  (I logged out and back in the the forums, just to make sure I remembered my password.)

Apparently access to chat is limited to administrators by default… You should have access now.  Thanks for testing that out for me :slight_smile:

Let me know if you still have troubles.

Nathan

Thanks to all that came.  The follow-up topic is: http://liquibase.org/forum/index.php?topic=63.0

Nathan