Coding support for new database

Hi,

I am currently coding the support for a new database : Teradata.
I used the information on http://liquibase.jira.com/wiki/display/CONTRIB/Database but it seems a bit outdated.
For example, I found that I had to extend another class : AbstractTypeConverter
Is there a sort of changelog covering all tags that I could use to test my implementation ?

Thanks.

The documentation is a bit out of date, but I think the abstractTypeConverter is about all that is not covered.  I’m planning on working on the docs as I finish up 2.0 final, but haven’t gotten there yet.

There is a good set of sample changelogs in the core SVN repository under liquibase-integration-tests\src\test\resources\changelogs

Nathan

Hi nathan,

It found some other stuff to override :

• GetViewDefintionGenerator since the default implementation is looking into a table named information_schema which of course doesn’t exists.
  • JDBCDatabaseSnapshotGenerator : I think there is an issue in default code regarding foreign key infos. The code is checking GetReferencesUniqueColumn without ever filling it. I added my own implementation of fillForeignKey to set it to true if SeqKey==0

Last point, is it really necessary to create a database snapshot (with all informations) just to check if a view exists ?

Thanks.

(catching up on old posts)

It is not necessary to create a full snapshot, but it is the easiest :)  The diff support is going to be the major focus of 2.1 and I will see if I can improve the performance at that point.  The APIs are designed to have each database be able to find views how best it can, it just needs to be implemented.

Nathan