Deploy log-file in database

Hello!
I would like to know if there is a way to deploy the log file after an update directly in the database.
It is unimportant if the update was succesfully or not. The only thing I know is that there is a way to output the log file during the update to a specific file.
Thanks for helping.
Dennis

Hi Dennis!

I’m not clear on exactly what you mean by deploy the log file. Are you trying to set up an automation to run the log-file command after each database update? I don’t see anything in the documentation that references that kind of automation, but I imagine you could probably create some kind of script to execute the command after a trigger. log-file | Liquibase Docs

Have a look at this Database Automation guide and let me know what you think. Liquibase tutorial: Automate your database scripts deployment - Pretius

Hi tabbyfoo!

Is there a way to get the log-file command to work programmatically?
This would help me very much.
Unfortunately the output file is not the same as the log file which I need. So the guide doesn’t help.

Thanks in advance
Dennis

Hi Dennis,

I’m not sure what you mean by the log-file command. I don’t think such a command exists.

When you say log-file, do you mean changelog? Working with Changelogs | Liquibase Docs

Like Tabby says - there is a log-file argument which defines which file is used to store the Liquibase output. So I think there is confusion here about what you mean by log-file.

1 Like

Hi rcampbell,

when I say log file I mean this:

And my update commands are also programmatically:

Liquibase liquibase = new Liquibase();
liquibase.update();

And after the update I want to insert the log-file from above into the database.
I hope this is clearer now.

Thanks in advance
Dennis