generateChangeLog and diffTypes='data'

I am a Liquibase newbie so please bear with me if this is something obvious. I am running 1.9.3.0 (since its what is packaged with the Grails Liquibase plugin) against a simple DB generated by GORM/Hibernate. GORM adds two columns to each table with a type of TIMESTAMP (LAST_UPDATED and DATE_CREATED) and these are output to the changelog as expected, e.g.           

When I  generate the data (using diffTypes='data,…"), the expected changeSets are generated with insert statements. What is not expected is that the TIMESTAMP columns are output with only the Date portion of the value losing the time, e.g.: ‘2010-02-04 14:39:15.391000000’ in the database becomes ‘2010-02-04’:

Any thoughts on how to get the full timestamp value from generateChangeLog?

Best regards,

Gabe

It appears to be a bug.  What database type are you using?  Are you able to define it as a DATETIME?  Does that work differently?

Nathan

I’m using the default hsqldb that is configured by Grails. There is a way to specify alternative column mappings and types but I don’t know how it interacts with the synthetic columns managed by autotimestamp (see http://www.grails.org/doc/latest/ref/Database%20Mapping/autoTimestamp.html). I hope to have a chance to test this out and let you know whether redefining the type as DATETIME, etc… has any effect.

Best regards,

Gabe