generateChangeLog - required priveges? (Oracle)

Hi All, a beginner question…
I just configured liquibase and tried to do a generateChangeLog against an existing database schema with a standard (non-privileged) user. This fails as it tries to do a select from the system table or view ALL_USERS which is not generally visible to all in Oracle (I think, anyway in this database not).
I was hoping that for an export just read permission on ALL_TABLES, ALL_VIEWS. ALL_OBJECTS would be enough since they would define the objects in scope for export.
I haven’t found anything general about what privileges liquibase needs to do what. Does it normally expect to run with system or dba privileges?

Hi @david2! I was looking through the forum and saw your questions about Oracle permissions. Here are a couple of links that might help. The documents are for Liquibase Enterprise, but should be applicable for community as well.

I would try using the permissions in the “DATICAL_ROLE” section. There are probably some extra permissions for less-used objects. Feel free to omit permissions for any object types not used in your schema(s).

Here are the links:

Please let me know if this works for you or not.

-Kevin