I work on an application which we are about to move to Amazon EC2 and Amazon RDS (Relational Data Service). In the process I’ve been trying to find some blogposts which focus on using Liquibase with Amazon RDS, but my googling hasn’t given me any result.
My current plan is something like this:
- Put all migrations script tar-gizzed together and store them on Amazon S3
- Have a script on the application server which during boot does the following (by providing the script in the UserData field):
- Downloads Liquibase
- Downloads the latest migration scripts and unpacks them
- Run Liquibase command line tool to migrate the database
- Possible add a "migrate-utility" in a management console on the webapp to start a new migration on a running server.
Does anyone have any thoughts and/or experience to share with regards to working with both Liquibase & RDS? Would you go with a different strategy than what I’ve suggested above?