Integration with hibernate for 2.0-rc6

Hi there,

So I have downloaded rc6 2.0 and have the hibernate extension in my lib directory. I also have the following libs there

hibernate-annotations-3.3.1.GA.jar
hibernate-core-3.3.0.SP1.jar
liquibase-hibernate-2.0.jar
ojdbc14-10.2.0.3.0.jar

I run oracle xe locally:

C:\liquibase-2.0-rc6-bin>liquibase --driver=oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver --url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:xe --username=test 

–password=test diffChangeLog      --referenceUrl=C:\svn\hibernate.cfg.xml

18-Oct-2010 17:15:37 liquibase.logging.jvm.JavaUtilLogger warning
WARNING: Unknown database: Hibernate
18-Oct-2010 17:15:37 liquibase.logging.jvm.JavaUtilLogger info
INFO: Reading tables for unsupported Database …
Liquibase Update Failed: Unknown Reason.  For more information, use the --logLevel flag)
18-Oct-2010 17:15:37 liquibase.logging.jvm.JavaUtilLogger info
INFO: Unknown Reason
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at liquibase.snapshot.jvm.JdbcDatabaseSnapshotGenerator.readTables(JdbcD
atabaseSnapshotGenerator.java:247)
        at liquibase.snapshot.jvm.JdbcDatabaseSnapshotGenerator.createSnapshot(J
dbcDatabaseSnapshotGenerator.java:219)

Any pointers would be great.

We are using annotations within our hibernate.cfg file, but it doesnt seem to matter as even if i blank out the contents of the cfg file the same appears…

Figured out the unknow database : hibernate problem had hibernate missing from referenceUrl

–referenceUrl=hibernate:C:\svn_repository\hibernate.cfg.xml

So i can run now, but it cannot find the hibernate config file, but that is because i put in the absolute path.
What I am interested in finding out now, is where do i actually run liquibase / hibernate from, we have maven set up but i only see a maven task. any tips would be great, i have to try and convince a team this is the way to go! :slight_smile:

You mean you only see an ant task?  There isn’t a maven task created for the hibernate integration at this point, although if you look at the ant code, it shouldn’t be too difficult to implement.  I haven’t done much maven, so I am not completely sure what is entailed.

Nathan