Liquibase 4.9.0 and "endDelimiter:/" recognizes "/" in PL/SQL code as changeset end delimiter

I’m using --liquibase formatted sql for installing of PL/SQL objects in an Oracle database with the official Liquibase image 4.9.0 from Liquibase Docker Image.

With Liquibase 4.8.0 the installation of a PL/SQL function in an Oracle 21 XE database with the following source code is working without any problems:

--liquibase formatted sql
--changeset data_public:create_fnc_get_elapsed_time.sql dbms:oracle endDelimiter:/ failOnError:false runAlways:true runOnChange:true stripComments:false splitStatements:true

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION fnc_get_elapsed_time
  (i_start_time                    IN NUMBER
   ,i_end_time                     IN NUMBER
  )
      RETURN NUMBER
      PARALLEL_ENABLE
  IS
  BEGIN

RETURN ((i_end_time - i_start_time) / 100);

EXCEPTION
      WHEN OTHERS
      THEN
          BEGIN
              RAISE;
          END;
  END fnc_get_elapsed_time;
/

After upgrade of the Liquibase image to version 4.9.0, the available source code of the function in the database ends before “/” in the return statement and the function is invalid because of missing code.

The used settings when Liquibase is executed are the same with both versions.
Also the database environment is both times the same an Oracle database 21 XE.
And as JDBC driver Oracle Instant Client 21.5.0.0.0 64 bit on Linux is used.

For me this problem is repeatable.
When the installation is executed with Liquibase 4.8.0, the source code of the function in the database is completely installed and the function is valid.

When the installation is executed with Liquibase 4.9.0, the source code of the function in the database is incomplete and the function is invalid.

Has there been a change belonging to endDelimiter handling from 4.8.0 to 4.9.0?

Following data is logged, when Liquibase 4.9.0 is executed with logLevel: debug:

Running Changeset: 012-DATA_PUBLIC/008-Functions/create_fnc_get_elapsed_time.sql::create_fnc_get_elapsed_time.sql::data_public
[2022-03-27 14:46:09] FINE [liquibase.changelog] Running Changeset: 012-DATA_PUBLIC/008-Functions/create_fnc_get_elapsed_time.sql::create_fnc_get_elapsed_time.sql::data_public
[2022-03-27 14:46:09] FINE [liquibase.executor] Changeset 012-DATA_PUBLIC/008-Functions/create_fnc_get_elapsed_time.sql::create_fnc_get_elapsed_time.sql::data_public
[2022-03-27 14:46:09] FINE [liquibase.changelog] Reading ChangeSet: 012-DATA_PUBLIC/008-Functions/create_fnc_get_elapsed_time.sql::create_fnc_get_elapsed_time.sql::data_public
[2022-03-27 14:46:09] FINE [liquibase.database] Executing Statement: CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION fnc_get_elapsed_time
  /**
   * Calculates the current elapsed time in seconds since the given start time.
   */
  )
      RETURN NUMBER
      PARALLEL_ENABLE
  IS
  BEGIN

RETURN ((i_end_time - i_start_time)
[2022-03-27 14:46:09] FINE [liquibase.executor] Executing with the 'jdbc' executor
[2022-03-27 14:46:09] FINE [liquibase.executor] CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION fnc_get_elapsed_time
  /**
   * Calculates the current elapsed time in seconds since the given start time.
   */
  )
      RETURN NUMBER
      PARALLEL_ENABLE
  IS
  BEGIN

RETURN ((i_end_time - i_start_time)
[2022-03-27 14:46:09] FINE [liquibase.executor] 0 row(s) affected
[2022-03-27 14:46:09] FINE [liquibase.database] Executing Statement: 100);

EXCEPTION
      WHEN OTHERS
      THEN
          BEGIN
              RAISE;
          END;
[2022-03-27 14:46:09] FINE [liquibase.executor] Executing with the 'jdbc' executor
[2022-03-27 14:46:09] FINE [liquibase.executor] 100);

EXCEPTION
      WHEN OTHERS
      THEN
          BEGIN
              RAISE;
          END;
[2022-03-27 14:46:09] FINE [liquibase.executor] Release Database Lock

[2022-03-27 14:46:09] INFO [liquibase.lockservice] Successfully released change log lock
[2022-03-27 14:46:09] SEVERE [liquibase.integration] ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement

liquibase.exception.CommandExecutionException: liquibase.exception.LiquibaseException: Unexpected error running Liquibase: Migration failed for change set 012-DATA_PUBLIC/008-Functions/create_fnc_get_elapsed_time.sql::create_fnc_get_elapsed_time.sql::data_public:
     Reason: liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement
 [Failed SQL: (900) 100);

EXCEPTION
      WHEN OTHERS
      THEN
          BEGIN
              RAISE;
          END;
  END fnc_get_elapsed_time;]
        at liquibase.command.CommandScope.execute(CommandScope.java:163)
        at liquibase.integration.commandline.CommandRunner.call(CommandRunner.java:51)
        at liquibase.integration.commandline.CommandRunner.call(CommandRunner.java:21)
        at picocli.CommandLine.executeUserObject(CommandLine.java:1953)
        at picocli.CommandLine.access$1300(CommandLine.java:145)
        at picocli.CommandLine$RunLast.executeUserObjectOfLastSubcommandWithSameParent(CommandLine.java:2352)
        at picocli.CommandLine$RunLast.handle(CommandLine.java:2346)
        at picocli.CommandLine$RunLast.handle(CommandLine.java:2311)
        at picocli.CommandLine$AbstractParseResultHandler.execute(CommandLine.java:2179)
        at picocli.CommandLine.execute(CommandLine.java:2078)
        at liquibase.integration.commandline.LiquibaseCommandLine.lambda$execute$1(LiquibaseCommandLine.java:325)
        at liquibase.Scope.child(Scope.java:189)
        at liquibase.Scope.child(Scope.java:165)
        at liquibase.integration.commandline.LiquibaseCommandLine.execute(LiquibaseCommandLine.java:291)
        at liquibase.integration.commandline.LiquibaseCommandLine.main(LiquibaseCommandLine.java:80)

After some research I found a change in Liquibase source code and created an issue belonging to this topic:
Issue #2688.