Liquibase error on Cassandra

I am running with Liquibase community (version 4.9.1 #1978 built at 2022-03-28 19:39+0000) and my backend is Cassandra database.

When I invoke Liquibase and pass sql file name with extension “.cql”, I see below error

liquibase.exception.CommandExecutionException: liquibase.exception.LiquibaseException: Unexpected error running Liquibase: Cannot find parser that supports xxxxxxx.cql
	at liquibase.command.CommandScope.execute(CommandScope.java:163)
	at liquibase.integration.commandline.CommandRunner.call(CommandRunner.java:51)
	at liquibase.integration.commandline.CommandRunner.call(CommandRunner.java:21)
	at picocli.CommandLine.executeUserObject(CommandLine.java:1953)
	at picocli.CommandLine.access$1300(CommandLine.java:145)
	at picocli.CommandLine$RunLast.executeUserObjectOfLastSubcommandWithSameParent(CommandLine.java:2352)
	at picocli.CommandLine$RunLast.handle(CommandLine.java:2346)
	at picocli.CommandLine$RunLast.handle(CommandLine.java:2311)
	at picocli.CommandLine$AbstractParseResultHandler.execute(CommandLine.java:2179)
	at picocli.CommandLine.execute(CommandLine.java:2078)
	at liquibase.integration.commandline.LiquibaseCommandLine.lambda$execute$1(LiquibaseCommandLine.java:325)
	at liquibase.Scope.child(Scope.java:189)
	at liquibase.Scope.child(Scope.java:165)
	at liquibase.integration.commandline.LiquibaseCommandLine.execute(LiquibaseCommandLine.java:291)
	at liquibase.integration.commandline.LiquibaseCommandLine.main(LiquibaseCommandLine.java:80)
Caused by: liquibase.exception.LiquibaseException: Unexpected error running Liquibase: Cannot find parser that supports xxxxxxxxxx.cql
	at liquibase.integration.commandline.Main$1.run(Main.java:443)
	at liquibase.integration.commandline.Main$1.run(Main.java:221)
	at liquibase.Scope.child(Scope.java:189)
	at liquibase.Scope.child(Scope.java:165)
	at liquibase.integration.commandline.Main.run(Main.java:221)
	at liquibase.command.AbstractCliWrapperCommandStep.run(AbstractCliWrapperCommandStep.java:32)
	at liquibase.command.CommandScope.execute(CommandScope.java:157)
	... 14 more

But when I rename the file with extension “sql” the process works fine. Is there any way I can make my sql files with extension .cql work?

Hi @liquibase_rah Right now the only way to do that would be to download the open-source version of the extension and modify the code and rebuild it with your change.