NPE doing a fresh install

I just started trying to use Liquid base.  I used the generate change log task through ant to generate an initial log from an existing schema.  I tweaked the log a little, and tried to run it.  I keep getting this Null Pointer Exception when I try to run it.

I’m not sure why, maybe since this is the first time I’m applying any updates? 

Here is the stack trace:
---------------------------------------------------------

[updateDatabase] SEVERE 6/17/11 3:55 PM:liquibase: Change Set C:/dev/ng/trunk/ng-database-new/install/deploy/fresh_install.xml::1::dhiatt failed.  Error: null
[updateDatabase] java.lang.NullPointerException
[updateDatabase]     at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.getNumRows(T4C8Oall.java:876)
[updateDatabase]     at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.executeForRows(T4CStatement.java:967)
[updateDatabase]     at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1190)
[updateDatabase]     at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeInternal(OracleStatement.java:1726)
[updateDatabase]     at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.execute(OracleStatement.java:1696)
[updateDatabase]     at liquibase.executor.jvm.JdbcExecutor$1ExecuteStatementCallback.doInStatement(JdbcExecutor.java:92)
[updateDatabase]     at liquibase.executor.jvm.JdbcExecutor.execute(JdbcExecutor.java:55)
[updateDatabase]     at liquibase.executor.jvm.JdbcExecutor.execute(JdbcExecutor.java:105)
[updateDatabase]     at liquibase.database.AbstractDatabase.execute(AbstractDatabase.java:1014)
[updateDatabase]     at liquibase.database.AbstractDatabase.executeStatements(AbstractDatabase.java:998)
[updateDatabase]     at liquibase.changelog.ChangeSet.execute(ChangeSet.java:317)
[updateDatabase]     at liquibase.changelog.visitor.UpdateVisitor.visit(UpdateVisitor.java:27)
[updateDatabase]     at liquibase.changelog.ChangeLogIterator.run(ChangeLogIterator.java:58)
[updateDatabase]     at liquibase.Liquibase.update(Liquibase.java:113)
[updateDatabase]     at liquibase.integration.ant.DatabaseUpdateTask.execute(DatabaseUpdateTask.java:47)
[updateDatabase]     at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:291)
[updateDatabase]     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor6.invoke(Unknown Source)
[updateDatabase]     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
[updateDatabase]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
[updateDatabase]     at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
[updateDatabase]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
[updateDatabase]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:390)
[updateDatabase]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:411)
[updateDatabase]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1399)
[updateDatabase]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1368)
[updateDatabase]     at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
[updateDatabase]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1251)
[updateDatabase]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:809)
[updateDatabase]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:217)
[updateDatabase]     at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:280)
[updateDatabase]     at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:109)
[updateDatabase] INFO 6/17/11 3:55 PM:liquibase: Successfully released change log lock

And here is the changelog.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>

Never mind, I figured it out.  I took off the PK constraint from the table declaration, and then it worked.  I’m going to add the PK as a separate change set.  It looks like it can’t handle doing both at the same time.  I’m running against Oracle 11g, btw.

Thanks for the update. It should have worked with the way you originally defined it, but the error appears to be from the JDBC driver. Maybe a newer version of the driver is available?

Nathan