Unable to rollback by tag using maven

When I execute the maven plugin (1.9.5.0) like so:

mvn liquibase:rollback -Dliquibase.rollbackTag=44.0

Liquibase complains:

“A rollback count of -1 is meaningless, please select a value greater than 0”

(Despite having the rollback tag defined).

Trying to workaround the problem I thought I’d provide that value as either being empty or a number above zero.  Naturally liquibase complains:

“Cannot specify multiple rollbackXXX options, please select only one of rollbackTag, rollbackCount, rollbackDate”

Incidentally, is it common for liquibase users to create issues directly in your Jira, or should I run them through the forums first (as I have done now)?

~hf

It must not be picking up the tag name attribute and falling back to a rollback count that is defaulted to -1.  If you could create an issue for it, that would be great.

Whether you create an issue or create a forum post, people do both.  I plan on trying to make some guidelines, but haven’t gotten to that yet.  For now, I would say that if it looks like an obvious bug, just create the issue directly. If you aren’t sure if it is user error or a bug, ask the question on the forum first.

Nathan

For now, I would say that if it looks like an obvious bug, just create the issue directly.

Will do!

It must not be picking up the tag name attribute and falling back to a rollback count that is defaulted to -1.

Actually, it looks like its getting the value OK, but just not using it.  Verbose output reveals:

[INFO]    rollback Count: -1
[INFO]    rollback Date: null
[INFO]    rollback Tag: 44.0

Thanks!

~hf

Has been any progress on this topic? I use the version 1.9.5.0 of the Maven plugin and see the same error message  :frowning:

I think it may have just been fixed for the upcoming 2.0 release.

Nathan

The issue seems to occur with maven 2.2.1