2.0.4 and 2.0.5 releases broken?

The tests are having some issues, mainly because they tend to require specific database setups to run well. I’m trying to get them cleaned up a bit, but haven’t had the time lately.

What problems have you been having with 2.0.4 and 2.0.5?

Nathan

I was about to upgrade Liquibase from version 2.0.3 in my project, but it appears that something is wrong with those tags. I need source jar, which is not (or am I missing something?) available for download, so I was always using maven to generate both jar and matching source jar from the tag. The trick is that maven is doing some tests, and some of tehm fails. For example in version 2.0.5 it starts with:

Failed tests:
  shouldDropIndexInPostgreSQL(liquibase.sqlgenerator.core.DropIndexGeneratorTest)
  testWithColumnSpecificIntType(liquibase.sqlgenerator.core.CreateTableGeneratorTest)
  testAutoIncrementMySQLDatabase(liquibase.sqlgenerator.core.CreateTableGeneratorTest)
  testAutoIncrementStartWithMySQLDatabase(liquibase.sqlgenerator.core.CreateTableGeneratorTest)
  testAutoIncrementStartWithIncrementByMySQLDatabase(liquibase.sqlgenerator.core.CreateTableGeneratorTest)
  escapeTableName_reservedWord(liquibase.database.core.PostgresDatabaseTest)

Tests run: 766, Failures: 6, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0

I am quite new to maven, so it might be that my environment is broken (but version 2.0.3 works fine). Could someone please confirm this?

I downloaded the 2.0.5 version and the following errors do arise while running the tests:

Failed tests:

escapeTableName_reservedWord(liquibase.database.core.PostgresDatabaseTest)

testWithColumnSpecificIntType(liquibase.sqlgenerator.core.CreateTableGeneratorTest)

testAutoIncrementMySQLDatabase(liquibase.sqlgenerator.core.CreateTableGeneratorTest)

testAutoIncrementStartWithMySQLDatabase(liquibase.sqlgenerator.core.CreateTableGeneratorTest)

testAutoIncrementStartWithIncrementByMySQLDatabase(liquibase.sqlgenerator.core.CreateTableGeneratorTest)

shouldDropIndexInPostgreSQL(liquibase.sqlgenerator.core.DropIndexGeneratorTest)

But these are unit tests, Nathan - what database setup? :slight_smile:
Something gone wrong between 2.0.3 and 2.0.4. It’s not a big deal for me if some Postgres/MySQL tests are not working, because I do not use Postgres/MySQL, but maven build are failing, so I think it is a little problem :slight_smile:

After ignoring them everything works fine.

And there is  https://liquibase.jira.com/browse/CORE-1160 also :slight_smile: