Test failures trying to build 2_0_x branch.

Failed tests: 

testGetDefaultDriver(liquibase.database.core.DerbyDatabaseTest)

escapeTableName_reservedWord(liquibase.database.core.PostgresDatabaseTest)

testWithColumnSpecificIntType(liquibase.sqlgenerator.core.CreateTableGeneratorTest)

testAutoIncrementMySQLDatabase(liquibase.sqlgenerator.core.CreateTableGeneratorTest)

testAutoIncrementStartWithMySQLDatabase(liquibase.sqlgenerator.core.CreateTableGeneratorTest)

testAutoIncrementStartWithIncrementByMySQLDatabase(liquibase.sqlgenerator.core.CreateTableGeneratorTest)

shouldDropIndexInPostgreSQL(liquibase.sqlgenerator.core.DropIndexGeneratorTest)

I’m using Oracle JDK 1.7.0_21 on OSX.

I also get the same failures using Apple JDK 1.6.0_45.

https://liquibase.jira.com/browse/CORE-1294

Any instructions on how we can build the package, but bypass the failing tests?  

I need to try to get a build where I can get a stacktrace from the failed attempt at loading my custom pre-conditions.

(Aside: Is this forum or Jira the preferred place to ask these sorts of questions?)

Thanks,

Vince

Is there a tag in git that matches the 2.0.5 release?

I would like get build locally based on 2.0.5, but even checking out what looks like the right tag still has failed tests.

The easiest way to build liquibase by bypassing the tests is to run maven with the skipTests=true flag. 

from the liquibase-core dir run: 

mvn -DskipTests=true package

Unfortunately the 2.0 branch does have expected failing tests. I just finished getting them cleaned up in master for the 3.0 release but I hadn’t been good about keeping them up during the 2.0 releases. I would run the integration tests against local databases I have, but didn’t keep it clean in the general automated case. For 3.0+ I’ll keep it clean.

I’d say questions like “how do I build liquibase without the tests” is a good question for here vs. jira. Jira works best for bug/feature tracking but not as well for process type questions.

Nathan

The tag for the 2.0.5 release is “liquibase-parent-2.0.5”. Commit 

d93e6a8b4a6debae14b356e6ea9d18686eb127e7

Nathan