3.5.0 release date

Hi guys,

I would be interested when we can expect the release 3.5.0.

We have a custom Liquibase release for OSGi development, but if it is possible, we prefer using the official releases.

About 30 modules of our OpenSource stack are in SNAPSHOT state waiting for the new Liquibase release.

I see that number of unresolved issues that are assigned to version 3.5.0 in Liquibase Jira are growing day-by-day. I am curious if we can expect a release soon. If not, I would give out one more custom Liquibase release to be able to stabilize our modules.

Two issues are blocker for us:

Including the same ChangeSet twice causes ValidationFailedException (CORE-1887)

We provided a patch for this that should be reviewed.

OSGiPackageScanClassResolver does not search extensions in Fragment bundles (CORE-1690)

Luckily this is already merged and would be part of Liquibase 3.5.0.

Thanks and regards,

Balazs

No official release date yet for 3.5.0, but hoping to wrap it up by the end of the year.

I’ll take a look at your pull request for CORE-1887. Some of the issues in 3.5.0 may not make the final version, are there any other issues you want to make sure are included?

Nathan

These two issues are the only ones that are blocker for us.

If you could please notify me somehow (e.g.: message under @Liquibase on twitter) one day before giving out the release, I would re-test if the OSGi Manifest headers are still good. They should be, but with new or removed dependencies with a 2 MB jar codebase, strange things can happen.

Thanks and regards,

Balazs

Thanks, I’ll let you know.

Nathan

Thanks for the quick response. We are very excited. Lots of our project are waiting  for this release.

I would like to ask you once again to have a quick look on the pull request of CORE-1887. That is a blocker for us as we separate changelog files into separate artifacts and it happens that the changelog of different artifacts includes the changelog of the same dependency. I would be very thankful.

Hi Nathan,

is there any news concerning to this topic?

Thanks and regards,

Balazs

Still working on it. I’m doing some work improving the multi-schema support that is taking a bit longer than I was expecting. Still hoping in the next couple weeks :slight_smile:

Nathan

I’ll take a look at it.

Thanks,

Nathan

Thanks for the updated pull request, I’ll take a look.  Checking the checksum is a good idea I hadn’t thought of.

Nathan

Also, I brought in a different pull request that affects the ResourceLocator logic. Could you make sure the current master branch is still working with your OSGi environment?

Nathan

Good, thanks for checking.

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

I saw that you reverted CORE-1887 and I think you were right that the PR had issues. However, I think the issue is still there and it is a blocker for us. Could you please have one more look? I created a new PR that checks and tests changesets with contexts, labels and dbms differences. I explained it in more detail within a comment.

It is very important to me that our unit tests pass otherwise I must always release a patched version from liquibase. If you see issues in the PR, please give advice, how to modify it.

Kind regards,

Balazs

I will check it today (2016-03-10), thanks!

Tested the master branch. Works perfect. Can’t wait for the release :).

Thank you very much, Nathan!

I ended up having to move the code in your Nathan

I have just tested and all of my integration tests pass.

Thanks!

However, 6 unit tests fail during the compilation of liquibase-core:

Tests in error:

runChangeSet_singleFilterIterator(liquibase.changelog.ChangeLogIteratorTest)

runChangeSet_doubleFilterIterator(liquibase.changelog.ChangeLogIteratorTest)

runChangeSet_reverseVisitor(liquibase.changelog.ChangeLogIteratorTest)

runChangeSet_emptyFiltersIterator(liquibase.changelog.ChangeLogIteratorTest)

testPreconditionForOracleOnOracleWithChangeLog(liquibase.changelog.visitor.ValidatingVisitorPreConditionsTest)

testPreConditionsForOracleOnMSSQLWithChangeLog(liquibase.changelog.visitor.ValidatingVisitorPreConditionsTest)

I am not sure if this has anything to do with this topic.

Those tests failures were caused by my change, but I did fix them a little bit ago. Can you make sure you have the newest version from master?

Nathan

I re-tested again. I am pretty sure that I used the latest from the liquibase github repo as my change in addChangeSet function was not there anymore :).

Btw: I had one unit test failure now so I used “-Dmaven.test.skip=true” to compile.

Hi Nathan,

as much as I see, there are only three issues left in Jira. Do you think Liquibase will be released soon?

Thanks and regards,

Balazs

Yes, very close. Just busy doing some final testing, and adding one more feature with the improved multi-schema support.

Nathan