Could not find implementation of liquibase.logging.Logger on trunk

I’m using the version from trunk, spring and jboss as.

Caused by: liquibase.exception.ServiceNotFoundException: liquibase.exception.ServiceNotFoundException: liquibase.exception.ServiceNotFoundException: Could not find implementation of liquibase.logging.Logger
at liquibase.logging.LogFactory.getLogger(LogFactory.java:19)
at liquibase.integration.spring.SpringLiquibase.(SpringLiquibase.java:125)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:126)
… 79 more
Caused by: liquibase.exception.ServiceNotFoundException: liquibase.exception.ServiceNotFoundException: Could not find implementation of liquibase.logging.Logger
at liquibase.servicelocator.ServiceLocator.newInstance(ServiceLocator.java:149)
at liquibase.logging.LogFactory.getLogger(LogFactory.java:17)
… 85 more
Caused by: liquibase.exception.ServiceNotFoundException: Could not find implementation of liquibase.logging.Logger
at liquibase.servicelocator.ServiceLocator.findClass(ServiceLocator.java:115)
at liquibase.servicelocator.ServiceLocator.newInstance(ServiceLocator.java:147)
… 86 more

I observed the same exception:

Caused by: liquibase.exception.ServiceNotFoundException: liquibase.exception.ServiceNotFoundException: Could not find implementation of liquibase.logging.Logger
at liquibase.servicelocator.ServiceLocator.newInstance(ServiceLocator.java:153) [:]
at liquibase.logging.LogFactory.getLogger(LogFactory.java:17) [:]
… 99 more
Caused by: liquibase.exception.ServiceNotFoundException: Could not find implementation of liquibase.logging.Logger
at liquibase.servicelocator.ServiceLocator.findClass(ServiceLocator.java:119) [:]
at liquibase.servicelocator.ServiceLocator.newInstance(ServiceLocator.java:151) [:]
… 100 more

Liquibase: 2.0-rc5.
JBoss 6.0M4

On the other hand on the Glassfish 3.0.1 exception is not thrown. But Glassfish uses JUL as a logging framework, JBoss Log4j.

I was trying to understand how Liquibase loads logger, but ServiceLocator class seems to be magic :frowning: I hope that the issue will be solved by author in the next release.

Marcin

It is probably an issue with how the jboss classloader works.  I made some fixes earlier, but if you think that ServiceLocator is magic, you should see app server classloaders  :slight_smile:

I’ll look into it, thanks for pointing it out.

Nathan

I made some changes for the upcoming RC6, could you test it out when it comes out?

Nathan

Hi Nathan

Thank you for your support. I checked RC6 version and the exception is still thrown:

Caused by: liquibase.exception.ServiceNotFoundException: liquibase.exception.ServiceNotFoundException: liquibase.exception.ServiceNotFoundException: Could not find implementation of liquibase.logging.Logger
        at liquibase.logging.LogFactory.getLogger(LogFactory.java:19) [:]
        at liquibase.integration.spring.SpringLiquibase.(SpringLiquibase.java:125) [:]
        … 110 more
        at liquibase.servicelocator.ServiceLocator.newInstance(ServiceLocator.java:160) [:]
        at liquibase.logging.LogFactory.getLogger(LogFactory.java:17) [:]
        … 116 more
        at liquibase.servicelocator.ServiceLocator.findClass(ServiceLocator.java:126) [:]
        at liquibase.servicelocator.ServiceLocator.newInstance(ServiceLocator.java:158) [:]
        … 117 more

Thanks,
Marcin

Are there any news about this bug? I’m still using an old version built by me, because of this bug.

I filled the JIRA issue (please vote for it):
http://liquibase.jira.com/browse/CORE-789

I hope that Nathan will take care of the bug :-).

Marcin

It’s on my list for the next release.  Will hopefully get to it soon

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

are there any updates on the issue yet? We are using 2.0.5 in a Tomcat OSGi environment and also have the “liquibase.exception.ServiceNotFoundException: Could not find implementation of liquibase.logging.Logger” exception now.

Thanks, Robert