Custom database class in maven plugin

Hi all

The maven plugin doesn’t support custom database classes, which we need here to support a rather non-standard legacy MS SQL Server setup.

I’ve created http://liquibase.jira.com/browse/CORE-633 with patches to 1.9.5 and trunk, although I haven’t tested the trunk one - I’m having issues just doing svn up in the trunk dir atm, I keep getting prompted for a password to liquibase.jira.com (?). Not sure what’s going on there.

Anyway, just thought I’d raise it here in case there’s any chance that it could get applied before 2.0 so that I don’t have to keep patching the liquibase maven plugin to run it here.

Thanks

Tom

I applied the patch to trunk, but it failed on the 1.9 branch. 

You shouldn’t get prompted for a password to update or checkout svn.  It uses the same username/password as liquibase.jira.com, which if you supply you can commit. 

Nathan

Originally posted by: Nathan
I applied the patch to trunk, but it failed on the 1.9 branch. 

Hmm, ok, I’ll retest - it was just generated using svn diff, so I assumed it would be ok. Is there going to be a 1.9.6 release at some point? Otherwise there’s not much point I suppose.

Originally posted by: Nathan
You shouldn't get prompted for a password to update or checkout svn.  It uses the same username/password as liquibase.jira.com, which if you supply you can commit.

OK cool, I’ll try that, thanks.

Yes, I am plannign to continue with 1.9 builds for a while at least. 

Nathan

There were two patches there, one against 1.9.5 and one against trunk. The 1.9.5 one applied cleanly for me against the 1_9 branch… maybe you applied the trunk one against 1.9?

C:\Development\eclipse-workspace\liquibase-1.9-branch>patch -p0 < ..\liquibase-1.9.5\maven-database-class-1.9.5.patch patching file `maven/src/main/java/org/liquibase/maven/plugins/AbstractLiquibaseMojo.java' Hunk #1 succeeded at 79 (offset 2 lines). Hunk #2 succeeded at 203 (offset 6 lines).

C:\Development\eclipse-workspace\liquibase-1.9-branch>

Thanks for looking at the patch!

I’m still getting a “The patch seems outdated” error.  I am trying to apply it with tortoise, perhaps that is the problem.

I’ll look into it more after I get the 2.0 RC out.

Nathan