End delimiter setting in liquibase.properties

Hi *,

looks like setting end delimiter in liquibase.properties has no effect as it is described in

I running into it trying to recreate a stored procedure against Azure MSSQL db.
If set endDelimiter to the tag the update works like a charm

delimiter=go
driver=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
logLevel=debug

[2020-11-13 03:14:28] FINE [liquibase.database] Properties:
[2020-11-13 03:14:28] FINE [liquibase.database] Key:‘password’ Value:‘
[2020-11-13 03:14:28] FINE [liquibase.database] Key:‘user’ Value:’********’
[2020-11-13 03:14:28] FINE [liquibase.database] Connecting to the URL:'jdbc:sqlserver://
.database.windows.net:1433;database=
****’ using driver:‘com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver’
[2020-11-13 03:14:28] FINE [liquibase.servicelocator] Loaded liquibase.database.DatabaseConnection instance liquibase.database.jvm.JdbcConnection
[2020-11-13 03:14:28] FINE [liquibase.servicelocator] Loaded liquibase.database.DatabaseConnection instance com.datical.liquibase.ext.database.jvm.ProJdbcConnection
[2020-11-13 03:14:30] FINE [liquibase.database] Connection has been created
[2020-11-13 03:14:30] FINE [liquibase.database] Connected to fairport@jdbc:sqlserver://fairport.database.windows.net:1433;sendTemporalDataTypesAsStringForBulkCopy=true;delayLoadingLobs=true;useFmtOnly=false;useBulkCopyForBatchInsert=false;cancelQueryTimeout=-1;sslProtocol=TLS;jaasConfigurationName=SQLJDBCDriver;statementPoolingCacheSize=0;serverPreparedStatementDiscardThreshold=10;enablePrepareOnFirstPreparedStatementCall=false;fips=false;socketTimeout=0;authentication=NotSpecified;authenticationScheme=nativeAuthentication;xopenStates=false;sendTimeAsDatetime=true;trustStoreType=JKS;trustServerCertificate=false;TransparentNetworkIPResolution=true;serverNameAsACE=false;sendStringParametersAsUnicode=true;selectMethod=direct;responseBuffering=adaptive;queryTimeout=-1;packetSize=8000;multiSubnetFailover=false;loginTimeout=15;lockTimeout=-1;lastUpdateCount=true;encrypt=false;disableStatementPooling=true;databaseName=agcommander_dev;columnEncryptionSetting=Disabled;applicationName=Microsoft JDBC Driver for SQL Server;applicationIntent=readwrite;
[2020-11-13 03:14:30] FINE [liquibase.database] Setting auto commit to false from true
[

Kind of bump. Does someone can confirm or reject this statement

Hi,i see you setting endDelimiter in the properties file , just in case you are using sql format in your changelogs ,have you tried setting this attribute alongside changeset i.e like below:
–changeset <author>:<unique-id> endDelimiter:“something”

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the reply. Actually, I have to use this flag this way and it works. My issue is it doesn’t match to declared documentation. Either fix it on the site or (the best) fix the maybe broken behavior :slight_smile:
Cheers

I’m using it just fine with a sql file migration.

I use a file reference and my sql file looks something like this

—liquibase formatted sql
—changset author x-y endDelimeter:/
1 Like