Hide ChangeSet author from logs?

Is it possible to hide the author of a ChangeSet from the logs? To put is another way, I want the details of the ChangeSet to be in the logs but NOT the author information.

A changeset is uniquely identified by ID, Author, and Filename. Those 3 fields need to be reported in the Liquibase output log in order to show the status of the changeset execution.

If you are worried about exposing someone’s userid in the field, just use a dummy value like “AUTHOR1” or something like that.

Thanks for the answer. I figured it might be something along those lines. We will introduce a convention , perhaps initials, to address this.

1 Like

May I ask why you want to hide them? We find that having logs (in databasechangelog) of the original author name really helps when we need to clarify something.

Hey Erin, I agree it is useful internally when we are developing and may also be useful in customer environments. I don’t necessarily want my literal name or other developer names being written in the logs on a customer’s system. Having a username that isn’t the literal developer name could address this concern.

1 Like

Use an issue number on author field (i.e jira or whatever ) and that will “fix”/cover everything.

1 Like

Great suggestion. I will get my one developer, JIRA-2345, to legally change their name, just in case.

1 Like

Can you detail on this? Not sure I’m getting this last point.

Hey Eduard, it was a clunky joke implying I had a developer named JIRA-2345 and this might clash with a Jira item of the same name. In my defence, I have spent a lot of time on my own during these Covid months.

2 Likes

I was kind of 50/50 if that was a joke note or a sarcastic one as it’s a little atypical not to have a dev/person name on that author field :smiley:
I know, I know, same here, same here, plus more and more forgetting to have a laugh once in a while, even while “working” (has to do probably with the world going a little crazy in these days… things need to get better, we need to fix them somehow, as well as our mindsets, when needed :smiley: ).

Cheers,
Eduard

3 Likes