i am doing my first steps with liquibase and oracle. Changing the database is fine, but I am not able to tag the database.
First I tried the command line, but the tag command returned an "Unexprected error with Unknown reason (NullPointerException).
Then I tried in my changelog.
The result was that only the last changeset gets the tag added. I found that this is the way liquibase works. But rolling back this tag has no effect. The database remains unchanged. Table databaseChangelog still contains the entry and the tag.
When I roll the changes back using the rollbackCount command, everything works fine.
Could someone please tell me, what I am doing wrong. Or is there a problem with this version ?
This is the intended behavior. When you roll back and use a tag, Liquibase rolls back everything that changed after the tag. It does not remove the tag itself. The intent is that you would mark a set of changes with, for example, “Version1”, and then deploy those changes. If you then came along a week later to apply a set of changes “Version1-1”, and there was a problem with that deploy, you could then roll back to “Version1”
It would be helpful to file a bug with repro steps for the null pointer exception case you experienced.
Principal Software Engineer
Datical, Inc. http://www.datical.com/
I also received a null pointer using the tag database command, running with Ant. But checking the DATABASECHANGELOG file I see that it did apply the tag I gave.
Buildfile: C:\Production\jboss_emr\g2\build-ci.xmlHere’s my ant target.
[tagDatabase] WARNING 7/8/14 10:09 AM: liquibase: Can not use class liquibase.ext.hibernate.database.HibernateSpringDatabase as a Liquibase service because org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionRegistry is not in the classpath
[tagDatabase] INFO 7/8/14 10:09 AM: liquibase: Successfully acquired change log lock
[tagDatabase] INFO 7/8/14 10:09 AM: liquibase: Successfully released change log lock
C:\Production\jboss_emr\g2\build-ci.xml:383: liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: java.lang.NullPointerException
Total time: 5 seconds
All of the properties and references used work in my updateDatabase target so those are correct.
The null pointer exception should be fixed in the upcoming 3.2.1 release.