LB 3.0.2 against Teradata: Unknown database: Teradata

Hi all,

we have tested LB 3.0.2 (using Ant 1.8.2) with our scripts (in order to upgrade from LB 2.0.1) against Teradata 14.0.0.01 and found that the Teradata extension is not supported anymore

The LB scripts work fine with LB LB 2.0.1 and Teradata 14.0.0.01.

Kind regards,

Frank

There were some API changes with liqiubase 3.0 that will need to make their way into the teradata extension. I haven’t been able to get to it yet, unfortunately. Hopefully in the next couple weeks.

Nathan

Hi there,

we have now tried to test our scripts using LB 3.0.7(liquibase-teradata-3.0-beta1.jar) against Teradata 14.0.0.01 but unfortunately we failed because of  following errors: 

Error executing SQL CREATE TABLE LB_TEST.DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK (ID int NOT NULL, LOCKED boolean NOT NULL, LOCKGRANTED datetime, LOCKEDBY varchar(255), CONSTRAINT PK_DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK PRIMARY KEY (ID)); 

Syntax error: Data Type “boolean” does not match a Defined Type name. 

Seems like LB is trying to create the table DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK using datatype boolean for the column “LOCKED”, which isn’t supported in Teradata. With LB 2.0.1 this table was created with the datatype BYTEINT used for the named column. 

After we manually created the table DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK using the same DDL script as the LB 2.0.1 used, there occured another error:

Error executing SQL INSERT INTO LB_TEST.DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK (ID, LOCKED) VALUES (1, FALSE);

Column FALSE not found in LB_TEST.DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK.

So LB 3.0.7 goes on and also tries to set the lock by inserting a 

Can you send the null pointer exception stacktrace you are getting? Without the liquibase-teradata extension the boolean types will be wrong for sure.

I put in a change to handle the FALSE/TRUE values correctly but I’ll wait to do a new beta release until I find out what your null pointer exception is.

Nathan

Hi Nathan,
While trying to create snapshot for Teradata database, liquibase generates an error with a message " Did not find catalog to snapshot", where as am giving the correct database name and it exist. I could see the tables present in this database thru sql developer. Would like to if liquibase can create snapshot for terdata db or not. if anyone has tried it already, can you pls share their views please ? I have got stuck wiht this since last two weeks.

Hi @jayanthit Snapshots are not supported on Teradata just yet. They are in the backlog of issues to support.