Liquibase 3.4.1 - unsupported database Exasol issue

I try to get Liquibase working with unsupported database Exasol and get the following error while Liquibase tries to update table DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK:

Unexpected error running Liquibase: Error executing SQL UPDATE LB_EXA.DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK SET LOCK
ED = TRUE, LOCKEDBY = ‘XXXXXX(xxx.xx.xx.x)’, LOCKGRANTED = ‘2015-08-14 11:22:00.694’ WHERE I
D = 1 AND LOCKED = FALSE: Feature not supported: Incomparable Types: DECIMAL(1,0) and BOOLEAN! (Sess
ion: 1509478963610076197)

I had to adapt create table statement to Exasol syntax before:

CREATE TABLE DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK (
ID DECIMAL(10,0) IDENTITY,
LOCKED DECIMAL(1),
LOCKGRANTED TIMESTAMP,
LOCKEDBY VARCHAR(255) UTF8
);
ALTER TABLE DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK ADD CONSTRAINT DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK_CON PRIMARY KEY(ID) ENABLE;

Modify the table statement column LOCKED using VARCHAR(5) to fit value FALSE raises another a different error:

Unexpected error running Liquibase: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast t
o java.lang.Integer

Can anyone help what to do?

Thanks in advance
Lutz

Are you writing a new Exasol database adapter? If so, then you will need to do the translation from Boolean to Integer and back.

If your code is somewhere public like Github, etc., please share a link.

Steve Donie
Principal Software Engineer
Datical, Inc. http://www.datical.com/

No problem - ask away! Nathan, Liquibase founder, is also on here and answers the tough questions. If you put the source on Github then it will be easy to work together.

Steve Donie
Principal Software Engineer
Datical, Inc. http://www.datical.com/

Hi Steve,

thanks for the reply. I am just starting writing an Exasol database adapter but I am completly new to this topic so I have to see how far I get. Most likely I will raise a few more questions.

regards,
Lutz

Hi,

I am trying to do the liquibase implementation for exasol and I have the same issues. 

I changed the type of LOCKED column to BOOLEAN and then to VARCHAR, in both cases I get:

Unexpected error running Liquibase: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to java.lang.Integer

lzkrae, if you found the solution for that, I would be grateful if you’d shared it with everyone. 

Thanks