LoadData ChangeSet with "NOW" in the data

You may be able to try defaultValueComputed="‘NOW’" (note that there are single quotes around the NOW inside the double quotes)

Nathan

Hello Nathan,

Thank you for the reply. I should have been more specific, sorry. This column has nothing to do with dates. It is a text field with arbitrary text data in it. So what is happening is it reads in the text ‘NOW’ and translates that to a date, which then causes it to choke due to the size of the data vs the size it is expecting to put in the column:

liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: java.sql.SQLDataException: data exception: string data, right truncation

at liquibase.executor.jvm.JdbcExecutor$ExecuteStatementCallback.doInStatement(JdbcExecutor.java:316)

at liquibase.executor.jvm.JdbcExecutor.execute(JdbcExecutor.java:55)

at liquibase.executor.jvm.JdbcExecutor.execute(JdbcExecutor.java:122)

at liquibase.database.AbstractJdbcDatabase.execute(AbstractJdbcDatabase.java:1227)

at liquibase.database.AbstractJdbcDatabase.executeStatements(AbstractJdbcDatabase.java:1210)

at liquibase.changelog.ChangeSet.execute(ChangeSet.java:550)

at liquibase.changelog.visitor.UpdateVisitor.visit(UpdateVisitor.java:43)

at liquibase.changelog.ChangeLogIterator.run(ChangeLogIterator.java:73)

at liquibase.Liquibase.update(Liquibase.java:200)

at liquibase.Liquibase.update(Liquibase.java:181)

at liquibase.Liquibase.update(Liquibase.java:174)

I am trying to load data in to my database with the loadData changeset. One of the rows in my data has the word ‘NOW’ for one of the values in a column. Liquibase is then converting that to the ‘NOW’ current time keyword instead of the string “NOW”.

Is there a way to escape this value? I tried quotes around it and that did not help.