Looking for help using includeAll

I’m looking for help with the tag in Liquibase 1.9.5 on Windows XP. 

I’m using the command-line client and attempting to modify the contents of a working changeLog that previously had a set of <include… relativeToFilePath> tags with a single tag.  The changeLog files to be included are located in a file system directory (not a jar file).

Essentially, I want to get Liquibase to evaluate all changeLogs in a directory path relative to the location of the changeLog file that contains the tag.  But I can’t seem to get to do this… I keep getting an exception thrown with the following error message:

Sep 18, 2009 1:12:48 PM liquibase.commandline.Main main
SEVERE: URI has an authority component
liquibase.exception.ChangeLogParseException: Invalid Migration File: URI has an authority component

There are a couple of similar discussions referred to here http://liquibase.org/forum/index.php?topic=26.0, but alas no joy.

Any ideas?  Possible or not?

tom

Like you mentioned, reading the files to include has been a never-ending problem.  I’ll have to look into it more.  I reopened CORE-215

Nathan

Does anyone have a solution for this issue?

I am trying to run liquibase via the maven plugin.  I am doing an includeAll path=install/tab, and it fails with this error.

Tried doing includeAll path="\install\tab", “/install/tab”, and a lot of other variations.  All to no avail.

I am using 1.9.5 of Liquibase and the maven plugin.

I would upgrade to 2.0 RC1, but there is no maven plugin as of yet for 2.0.

Please advise.

I am very close to a 2.0 RC2 which will include a maven plugin (that is what is holding it up at this point).

Are your changelog files in a jar file? Or in a directory?

Nathan

My changelog files are on the filesystem.  What would be the includeAll path syntax to access them in a jar, I would be happy to try that.

Let me know if you get the maven plugin updated, I’ll be glad to try it out quickly.

Thanks,
Paul

It should be the same syntax.  Whether they get read from a jar or the filesystem should be transparent to you.  I’ll let you know when 2.0 is on maven.  You can also watch for the announcement on blog.liquibase.org

Nathan

Any idea on the timing for a maven 2.0 release?  I am kind of pressed for time (isn’t everyone), but it would help to know.

Thanks for your help.

I’m planning by next week.  But I’ve been planning that for a few months now…

Nathan