Oracle XMLTypes Support

First off, let me start of my saying I am quiet impressed with Liquibase and I am excited about integrating it’s use on my team.  We are utilizing Oracle’s XMLType column on our project and I was impressed to see that Liquibase recognizes the column type.  Oracle XMLType columns have four main storage options:

• Clob XML Storage
  • Object Relational XML Storage
  • Object Relational Storage
  • Binary XML Storage (New in Oracle 11g)

Liquibase creates the XMLType column as a Clob XML Storage and our team requires a Binary XML Storage.  Does anybody know of a way to change this configuration or does Liquibase not support this column type configurations?  (For an overview of Oracle’s XMLType columns, see http://www.liberidu.com/blog/?p=203)

There is no direct support for XML types, but they can be used still.  The datatType attribute in the createTable/column nodes, for example, will take whatever string you put in and pass it to the database as the data type.  If the standard tags do not do what you need, you can always use the tag:

CREATE TABLE XMLBIN of XMLType XMLTYPE store AS BINARY XML

Does that help?

Nathan

Thanks Nathan…this does look like it will be able to solve my problem.  Thanks for the feedback!  I will try this out and then post any additional questions/concerns.
Thanks!