Parameter usage in .properties file

Nathan, or anyone else with an answer:

Is there a way to use the properties file to pass values to the changesets?  As a development team, each with their own databases there are things such as usernames, file locations, etc. that it would be nice to be able to pass values in via the properties file rather than having to pass them through ant, maven or -D parameters.  I would like to be able to say:

user: xxx

in the .properties file, and then be able to use ${user} in the changesets.  Is this possible?  If it is, I haven’t been able to figure it out yet.

Arguably I could have the .properties files read by ant and force everything through an ant script, but I really don’t want to do that.  The other issue is that I have to have a separate properties file since Liquibase barks when something it doesn’t recognize is in the liquibase.properties.  It would be nicer if anything that it didn’t recognize just gets passed the way a -D parameter would get passed.

-mike

Actually, you can disregard this.  I pulled the source code and looked at the properties parsing and noticed if you start the property with parameter. it will work.

parameter.user: xxx

-mike

Thanks Mike, that helped me out today!  I’ve wasted half an hour muddling around trying to pass a parameter the hard way using -D via my shell script.  A simple “parameter.param: var” in the properties file did the trick.

Nathan, could the http://www.liquibase.org/manual/changelog_parameters page be updated to include this information?  It’s extremely useful when dealing with multiple target platforms / environments.

Nick