Reference table seen as empty when running diff operation

I’m trying to write a diff script for liquibase to compare two databases and then create a changelog. The databases both contain tables for phpBB forums. However when I run the diff query it treats the reference table as empty. I can tell this because it’s full of createTable changes for tables that already exist.

Is there something I’m doing wrong in my code below (line breaks added to improve readability) ?

java -jar liquibase/liquibase.jar

generateChangeLog

The ‘development_forum’ is the one that I work on locally to test things out, such as MODs and updates. The final_forum is the one thats had finalised builds pushed to it, so is ideally the one that needs to be updated. However as mentioned above the changelog I get back is full of CREATE commands rather than ALTER commands.

It all seems to run fine, it’s just the output I’m having issues with.

Cheers.

Are you running liquibase 1.9? Does 2.0 help?  With 2.0, the --logLevel=DEBUG flag may give more information as well

Nathan

I’ve tried using diffChangeLog as opposed to diff as well but the same thing happens.

I’m running 2.0.1 which I downloaded from here: http://www.liquibase.org/download

The debug messages I get back with the logLevel flag are:

DEBUG 08/09/11 08:39:liquibase: Unable to load/access Apache Derby driver class

org.apache.derby.tools.sysinfo to check version: org.apache.derby.tools.sysinfo

DEBUG 08/09/11 08:39:liquibase: Connected to root@localhost @ jdbc:mysql://localhost/development_forum

DEBUG 08/09/11 08:39:liquibase: Reading tables for root@localhost @ jdbc:mysql://localhost/development_forum …

DEBUG 08/09/11 08:39:liquibase: Reading views for root@localhost @ jdbc:mysql://localhost/development_forum …

DEBUG 08/09/11 08:39:liquibase: Reading foreign keys for root@localhost @ jdbc:mysql://localhost/development_forum …

DEBUG 08/09/11 08:39:liquibase: Reading primary keys for root@localhost @ jdbc:mysql://localhost/development_forum …

DEBUG 08/09/11 08:39:liquibase: Reading columns for root@localhost @ jdbc:mysql://localhost/development_forum …

DEBUG 08/09/11 08:39:liquibase: Reading unique constraints for root@localhost @ jdbc:mysql://localhost/development_forum …

DEBUG 08/09/11 08:39:liquibase: Reading indexes for root@localhost @ jdbc:mysql://localhost/development_forum …

DEBUG 08/09/11 08:39:liquibase: Sequences not supported for root@localhost @ jdbc:mysql://localhost/development_forum …

No… those are all the debug messages that were there.

Were there any messages about the final_forum database?

Nathan