sqlFile, Relative Paths, Parent Folders

I’m trying to figure out how to include a SQL file that exists in a sibling directory.  For instance, if I have the following structure:

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

[INFO] Error setting up or running Liquibase: Invalid Migration File: <sqlfile path=changelog/r4.3.000.000/iteration-1-16/…/

…/objects/Scripts/exec_sync_user_sequences.sql> -Unable to read file

It looks like it doesn’t recognize the relative path.  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

If you are calling it from command line I believe everything is relative from where you are when you called it. I’ve only been using liquibase for a little while but I THINK if you call it in root then the path needs to be Suneet

Thanks so much for your help, Suneet.  I think in the end the problem was introduced by the fact that I was using Maven to execute liquibase.  

After posting I found this little blurb in the manual (http://www.liquibase.org/manual/maven):

DatabaseChangeLogs to be present in other Maven artifacts (on the classpath) and able to be used to invoke liquibase on a database.

This seems to suggest I need to use either classpath-based pathing or absolute.  Once I changed to classpath-based, everything worked.

I’m not sure if my assertion above is correct, but the above solution is sufficient for my needs.

Thanks again!

That assertion is correct, the classpath-based pattern is the most flexible and safest.  

Nathan