Tweak execution workflow inside Change

I’d like to tweak the database.executeStatements(this.generateStatements(database), this.getSqlVisitors()).I will put a patch together to illustrate this idea.

Best,
Laird

Liquibase improvement CORE-957 filed.  I’ve also attached the multi-file patch later on in this discussion; apply it from the root (e.g. the directory of which liquibase-core is a child).

Best,
Laird

I realize I didn’t account for rollbacks.  New multi-file patch coming to replace the prior one (I’ll delete the old one from the forums once I’m done).

Best,
Laird

New patch attached (as well as to the JIRA).

It sounds like a good idea, although I haven’t gotten a chance to apply the patch to really look through it.

You are right that returning 0 SqlStatements seems a bit arbitrary when everything is done within the change. Originally (prior to 2.0), we used what was returned from generateStatements for either execution or logging depending on whether you are running in update or updateSQL mode. There has been some changes to how that logging logic works, but we would want to make sure that still works fine.

It is something I wouldn’t want to apply until 2.1, since it will could break existing Database extensions. I’m hoping to post a message about 2.1 source management soon…

Nathan