Unable to run liquibase for a json or yaml change log

I get a parsing error when i use a json or a yaml change log, although i put snakeyaml in the classpath.

xml changelogs are working fine. please let me know if you see any problems below.

[oracle@vp25q03ad-oracle010 bin]$ java -jar …/lib/liquibase.jar --classpath="$ORACLE_HOME/jdbc/lib/ojdbc6.jar:/tmp/database/src/main/lib/snakeyaml-1.12.jar" --changeLogFile=…/liquibase/changelog.yaml validate

Liquibase Update Failed: Cannot find parser that supports …/liquibase/changelog.yaml

SEVERE 6/12/13 8:29 PM:liquibase: Cannot find parser that supports …/liquibase/changelog.yaml

liquibase.exception.LiquibaseException: Cannot find parser that supports …/liquibase/changelog.yaml

at liquibase.parser.ChangeLogParserFactory.getParser(ChangeLogParserFactory.java:61)

at liquibase.Liquibase.validate(Liquibase.java:772)

at liquibase.integration.commandline.Main.doMigration(Main.java:796)

at liquibase.integration.commandline.Main.main(Main.java:134)

the jar files are there.

[oracle@vp25q03ad-oracle010 bin]$ ls -l /tmp/database/src/main/lib/snakeyaml-1.12.jar

-rw-r–r-- 1 mmukherjee iadops 270779 Jun 12 20:28 /tmp/database/src/main/lib/snakeyaml-1.12.jar

[oracle@vp25q03ad-oracle010 bin]$ ls -l /tmp/database/src/main/lib/liquibase.jar 

-rw-r–r-- 1 mmukherjee iadops 926426 Jun 12 20:28 /tmp/database/src/main/lib/liquibase.jar

i am using the stable version of liquibase.

By “stable version” do you mean 2.0.5? Yaml support is only available in the 3.0 RC builds.

Nathan

thanks nathan for your reply. yes i am using 205. i am not sure how stable the 30 rc build is. are you almost ready to release it?

I’m trying to have a final 3.0.0 build by the end of the week. There are a few bugfixes post RC2, including shipping the required snakeyaml jar file, but there shouldn’t be much else.

Nathan

thanks nathan. looking forward to 300.

good luck!

juni.