utf8 in a SQL tag encoding properly

When I use the with a insert statement that contains UTF8, the data is not encoded properly when it gets into the database.  I don’t see any encoding attribute on or , so I would assume its using the <?xml encoding>

is working fine.

Is there a way to make this work, or do I have to use the loadData?

Thanks
Dave

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>

Insert into language (id_language,name) values (2,‘中文 (Chinese)’);

It should use the encoding of the XML file, although I’ve heard some issues with it. What liquibase version are you using? There have been some improvements in later 3.0.x releases. 

Nathan

I was using 3.0.6, and have since upgrade to 3.0.7 and still have the issue

I just tested putting it into a .sql file and including that file, and it has the same issue.

I am running liquibase from within an application. I went looking to see if there was a setting somewhere, and found that the UtfBomAwareReader is using Charset.defaultCharset().  it has a constructor that will accept a charset, but that’s only used from the CSVReader and SQLChangeLog

I was able to add -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 to my command line arguments and it resolved the issue.  But this is not ideal for us.  I would be better If I could set a setting within the code, maybe something on the ResourceAccessor, or just a static variable that could be checked before using Charset.defaultCharset().

Dave

Nathan