AbstractMethodError with ModifyColumn 2.0 extension and Liquibase 2.0-RC7

I’m trying to upgrade from liquibase 1.9.1 to Liquibase 2.0-RC7 and I’m running into some trouble.  Some of our older changesets use the modifyColumn tag, so at least for now I need to use the ModifyColumn extension to make those work.

When I run our existing changelog everything seems to work fine right up until it hits the first changeSet that uses the modifyColumn tag, then then Liquibase blows an error and halts.  Has anyone else encountered anything similar?

Here’s the changeSet:

When it reaches that changeset, I get the following stack trace:

java.lang.AbstractMethodError         at liquibase.database.AbstractDatabase.execute(AbstractDatabase.java:997)         at liquibase.database.AbstractDatabase.executeStatements(AbstractDatabase.java:985)         at liquibase.changelog.ChangeSet.execute(ChangeSet.java:257)         at liquibase.changelog.visitor.UpdateVisitor.visit(UpdateVisitor.java:27)         at liquibase.changelog.ChangeLogIterator.run(ChangeLogIterator.java:58)         at liquibase.Liquibase.update(Liquibase.java:112)

Update:  I just grabbed the source bundle from the modify-sql extension’s trunk and used that to build a new jar.  It seems to work just fine with it.

I thought I had uploaded a new build of the modify column extension, but perhaps not.  I’ll get it uploaded

Nathan

How can we use modify-column.jar with our existing project upgraded liquibase from 1.9.0.0 to 3.6.3 @nvoxland