Checksum works in RC1 but not in RC5

I noticed that the checksum logic works in RC1, but does not work in RC5.  If I change a an external SQL file or change set XML, LiquiBase will run withoug a checksum error in RC5.  Anyone else have this issue?

A more detailed explanation:

Say I execute the following change set:

Create access groups and use them to control who can enter and approve rates. Distinguish between market rate changes and product rate changes.
    	<rollback>
    		<sqlFile path="sprintSQL/sprint1010/dml/amg_ins_tbl_appl_role_rate_change_bkout.sql"/>	
    	</rollback>

If I modify the contents of amg_ins_tbl_appl_role_rate_change.sql and run:

liquibase updateSQL

using RC1 I will get a checksum error:

INFO 9/13/10 4:30 PM:liquibase: Reading from OPS.DATABASECHANGELOG INFO 9/13/10 4:30 PM:liquibase: Successfully released change log lock INFO 9/13/10 4:30 PM:liquibase: Successfully released change log lock LiquiBase Update Failed: Validation Failed:     1 change sets check sum           sprintSQL/sprint1010/sharc_b42248.xml::amg_ins_tbl_appl_role_rate_change::mchermside::(Checksum: 2:ac1099d3a7d 8a8d72fb73b84ef72ee2a) .  For more information, use the --logLevel flag) SEVERE 9/13/10 4:30 PM:liquibase: Validation Failed:     1 change sets check sum           sprintSQL/sprint1010/sharc_b42248.xml::amg_ins_tbl_appl_role_rate_change::mchermside::(Checksum: 2:ac1099d3a7d 8a8d72fb73b84ef72ee2a)

liquibase.exception.ValidationFailedException: Validation Failed:
        1 change sets check sum
              sprintSQL/sprint1010/sharc_b42248.xml::amg_ins_tbl_appl_role_rate_change::mchermside::(Checksum: 2:ac1099d3a7d
    8a8d72fb73b84ef72ee2a)

at liquibase.changelog.DatabaseChangeLog.validate(DatabaseChangeLog.java:131)
            at liquibase.Liquibase.update(Liquibase.java:97)
            at liquibase.Liquibase.update(Liquibase.java:127)
            at liquibase.integration.commandline.Main.doMigration(Main.java:678)
            at liquibase.integration.commandline.Main.main(Main.java:105)

This is the behavior I would expect.  However in RC5 when I execute the same command I get the following:

INFO: Reading from OPS.DATABASECHANGELOG Sep 13, 2010 4:34:21 PM liquibase.logging.jvm.JavaUtilLogger info INFO: Reading from OPS.DATABASECHANGELOG Sep 13, 2010 4:34:21 PM liquibase.logging.jvm.JavaUtilLogger info INFO: Successfully released change log lock -- ********************************************************************* -- Update Database Script -- ********************************************************************* -- Change Log: ./sprintSQL/db.changelog-master.xml -- Ran at: 9/13/10 4:34 PM -- Against: X_CI@jdbc:oracle:thin:@{NAME HIDDEN} -- Liquibase version: 2.0-rc5 -- *********************************************************************

– Lock Database
    – Release Database Lock
    Sep 13, 2010 4:34:21 PM liquibase.logging.jvm.JavaUtilLogger info
    INFO: Successfully released change log lock

It seems that the checksum logic does not behave the same way as RC1.  Is this a know issue?  We need the checksum logic for our builds to warn developers that they have edited a file rather than rolling forward by creating a new one.

Thanks, Todd

The way it is supposed to work is how it does in RC1.  Warning developers of changes to the changelog is the point to the checksum.  There is a fix for the upcoming RC6 already in trunk that should have resolved the issue.

Nathan