dropFirst, MySQL and foreignKey constraints

I am using

• liquibase 1.9.x
  • MySQL 5.1.x

I added dropFirst to my pom.xml so that I can drop the database depending on some property that I pass on the command line to Maven.
However, when liquibase is trying to drop all objects it bumps into foreign key checks. But I want to drop everything!

Shouldn’t there be a “SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=TRUE” performed by liquibase before the database drop is begun?

Best regards /Lasse

It shouldn’t need to call SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=TRUE because the dropAll should drop all the foreign keys first.  Not all databases support such a constraint, so we try to have the dropAll be smart about the ordering.

Do you have multiple schemas that could be confusing the foreign key detection?

Nathan

(Is dropAll equivalent to the dropFirst command I am trying with maven?
Yes, there are 2 schemas that shall be dropped. The schemas are handled one at a time by different blocks in the pom.xml
)

It crashes on DROP TABLE my_schema.report CASCADE; with error message
Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails

The table report is empty.

I see that there are 4 tables having referential constraints to my table named report. They all have delete rule RESTRICT.

First I tried changing the delete rule to NO ACTION. Same problem.

Last, I dropped all foreign key constraints. I then got the DROP TABLE to be executed without errors.

So it does not seem to be a liquibase issue, but rather a MySQL one. Why does it bother to involve constraint checking when the referenced table is empty? Strange!

Anyone got some idea?

I would still think that liquibase should drop the constraints first.  Are the tables referencing report in a different schema?

Nathan