Help Fixing Liquibase connection to AWS Keyspace

I am working on a project that needs to connect to AWS Keyspace and I would like to use Liquibase to set up our schemas in the cloud.

However, there is an issue connecting to Keyspace with the extension provided.
This issue is detailed here on Github.

The issue is that the TunableConsistency parameter in the connection URL is not being respected either in Liquibase or the Cassandra driver.

To help diagnose this problem I have set up a repository with everything configured on the Liquibase side of things to help diagnose what is going on. You will just need to set up your AWS credentials.

This issue has been open for almost two years and I would like to help get this resolved.

Any help or suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Hey @zacclifton. Welcome back :slight_smile:

Just in case you haven’t already looked there, here’s Amazon’s dev guide on troubleshooting your AWS Keyspace connection/documentation.

I will pass your post and the links to GitHub along to the team and let you know if anyone else has any suggestions to help resolve this.

Kindly,
Tabby

Hey @tabbyfoo

The documentation you linked does not have any troubleshooting items that deal with Consistency level. As stated before your team has had to overload parts of the Cassandra driver to make the passwordless authentication “work” and I believe this may be part of the issue.

It also looks like the Cassandra extension is waiting on an upgrade to include the test harness.

Let me know if I can give any more information,

Thanks,

Zac Clifton

I was contacted by discord with the following statement on the matter.
“Hi, @Zac Clifton . We worked on AWS Keyspaces as a fork of the Cassandra extension. There are some serious differences between stock Cassandra and AWS Keyspaces. You can see the branch work here: GitHub - liquibase/liquibase-cassandra at awskeyspaces. The primary issue is around how long it takes to make DDL changes in Keyspaces. There’s a 30 min SLA on DDL changes in Keyspaces (!!!). And the authentication is way different. The AWS team submitted a patch to overwrite the Simba Cassandra driver. So, bottom line is that this platform is way weird. If you’d like to help, please let us know!”

Thanks so much for following up with that, @zacclifton :slight_smile: