LiquiBase support for PL/SQL code

Hello Experts,

Greetings!!!
I’m using liquibase-2.0.1-bin.zip version of LiquiBase in my Windows XP environment. Would appreciate, if you could provide your feedback on following queries…

1) Does liquibase-2.0.1 version directly produce triggers, procedures, packages and functions in changelogSet?
2) While executing some test cases,  I found following behavior of LiquiBase:

Thanks n Regds… Bhavesh R. Mehta

1) Does liquibase-2.0.1 version directly produce triggers, procedures, packages and functions in changelogSet?

I’m a newbie too, but I think it doesn’t

2) It happens the same to me, I’m having the same difficulties myself, would like to know more about this too

Any help would be appreciated

Hello Experts,

Could you please suggest any update on this?

Thanks and Regards… Bhavesh

No, the generateChangeLog command and/or diff tool does not check triggers, procedures, packages, or functions. It currently only checks table structure, keys, indexes and sequences.

You are able to specify trigger, proc, etc definitions in blocks within your changelog file, but you need to either manually create them, or retrieve them from an oracle-specific tool.

The normal case for using liqubase is to append to the databasechangelog file during development as you need changes. The changelog generation is primarily a help to get you started and/or a sanity check during development, and so adding database-specific checks has not been as high a priority.

Nathan