Graphical representation of liquibase xml hierarchy

Hi,

We now start to have quite a lot of liquibase xml-files in our project. They are configured so that they are executed in a specific order.

Since there are many xml-files at this point it is sometimes difficult to get an overview of the order of execution.

So, my question is. Is there (or have there been any thoughts of adding) some tool which can give us some kind of graphical representation of how the xml-files are tied together and in what order they will be executed? Some kind of traversing tool that gives a graphical picture.

Best regards

/Lasse

It is an interesting idea that I had never thought of.  It would make a great extension (http://liquibase.org/extensions) and would not be too difficult to do.  You could probably even do it as a text output with changelogs indented depending on how they are included.

I added it to the list of extension ideas.

Nathan

Great,

I don’t know how this work, but if it’s possible I could maybe help out on this one.

Where did you put it under extensions? Couldn’t find it.

Best regards

/Lasse

Found it

Glad you found it.  I am working on extension-writing documentation still, although there is some out there already.  If you have questions, make sure you let us know, I want to make sure it is easy for people to write and share extensions.

Nathan

Why not rebaseline your database and delete your old update XML files?  Then you’d have a single migration with the current database definition and would add new updates.

That is exactly what we are doing. Nevertheless, as there are numerous xml files and getting an overview is not getting easier as the system grows, it would’ve help to get a graphical overview.

We have six database schemas in our application where each schema has tables, views, pl-sql packages etc  that need to be processed in a specific order. That means that we don’t want to have everything in one single file if that is what you meant

/Lasse