Liquibase and Ubuntu Issues

Hello Liquibase,

I am currently have some major issues with a liquibase statement I am trying to run locally on my machine. This is an example of what I would be running:

phing liquibase -DdbUrl=localhost/Testing -DdbUsername=“root” -DdbPassword=“password”

I have the build.xml file I require within the current directory I am residing. It will begin to build the database but then I get these errors:

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.

SEVERE 23/06/13 10:16 AM:liquibase: Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.

liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

… 16 more

Originally I was getting Connection refused errors but I corrected those by simply adding a listen to port 3306 to my ports.conf file. I have looked around the internet and still can’t seem to find an answer to my problem. The others I know who are also running this query have no issue on Fedora 18, but for some reason I do over on Ubuntu. Any advice?

Thanks