Problems with connection to Oracle 19c ATP database

When I try to connect to Oracle 19c ATP, I get a message: IO-fout: IO Error Received fatal alert: handshake_failure, Authentication lapse 0 ms.

I use Liquibase 4.1.0 on Mac with Oracle jdbc ojdbc8-19.7.0.0.jar

Hi @fvl,

Sorry you are having issue, let’s see if we can’t get you going. May I have a little more information?

• What is the exact command line you are attempting when you get above error?
  • Version of Java being used?
  • Are you able to connect to the database outside of liquibase (ex using sqlplus)?

Thanks!

Ronak

Hi Ronak,

Thanks for your fast response, I hope you can help me. I already use Liquibase for PostgreSQL and now I try to start with Oracle (in the cloud).

1. liquibase update
  2. java version “1.8.0_91"
  3. yes, with sqlplus or SQL Developer

Okay, well, I know we can connect to Oracle ATP and have confirmed with my collegue @szandany he was able to do it. He documented the effort here:

If that still doesn’t help, we will need next layer of info, like your liquibase.properties file (please redact any credential info).

Hi Ronak,

This is exactly the document I followed, with two exceptions. I don’t know the location of the liquibase.bat file, but is this only for Windows environments? I use Mac and liquibase is in my PATH variable. I also changed the sqlnet.ora file and change the ? in the wallet_location for sqlplus to work WALLET_LOCATION = (SOURCE = (METHOD = file) (METHOD_DATA = (DIRECTORY="/Users/frans/Oracle/network/admin")))

I don’t use the liquibase.properties file, but run the below script:

liquibase --driver=oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
–classpath=/Users/frans/jdbc_drivers/ojdbc8-19.7.0.0.jar
–url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@ora18_high?TNS_ADMIN=/Users/frans/Oracle/network/admin
—username=**********
–password=“**********"
–changeLogFile=/Users/frans/Projects/pfs/database/OraChangeLog.xml
–contexts=‘pfs,ing,binck’
–logLevel=error
update

I saw there were problems with the 19.7 driver. I switched to the 19.6 JDBC driver, but the problem is still there. I can connect with this JDBC driver with DBeaver. My script and the message:

liquibase --driver=oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
–classpath=/Users/frans/Library/DBeaverData/drivers/maven/maven-central/com.oracle.database.jdbc/ojdbc8-19.6.0.0.jar
–url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@ora18_high?TNS_ADMIN=/Users/frans/Oracle/network/admin
–username=************
–password="************"
–changeLogFile=…/InventoryChangeLog.xml
–contexts=‘ora18’
–logLevel=debug
update

====================================================
[2020-10-26 16:26:44] FINE [liquibase.database] Properties:
[2020-10-26 16:26:44] FINE [liquibase.database] Key:‘user’ Value:‘frans’
[2020-10-26 16:26:44] FINE [liquibase.database] Key:‘password’ Value:’**********’
[2020-10-26 16:26:44] FINE [liquibase.database] Connecting to the URL:‘jdbc:oracle:thin:@ora18_high?TNS_ADMIN=/Users/frans/Oracle/network/admin’ using driver:‘oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver’
[2020-10-26 16:26:44] FINE [liquibase.servicelocator] Loaded liquibase.database.DatabaseConnection instance liquibase.database.jvm.JdbcConnection
[2020-10-26 16:26:44] FINE [liquibase.servicelocator] Loaded liquibase.database.DatabaseConnection instance com.datical.liquibase.ext.database.jvm.ProJdbcConnection
Unexpected error running Liquibase: liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: Connection could not be created to jdbc:oracle:thin:@ora18_high?TNS_ADMIN=/Users/frans/Oracle/network/admin with driver oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver. IO-fout: IO Error Received fatal alert: handshake_failure, Authentication lapse 0 ms.

Hí fly,
I had the same problem with JDK8 and OJDBC8, but it works fine with JDK 21 and OJDBC11 driver.