Offline Documentation?

Not available yet, unfortunately. I’m planning to move the documentation to be managed at github which may help but I haven’t gotten to that yet.

Nathan

I’m looking for offline documentation to use when I’m not on the internet. Is there a way to do this yet, or should I just find a website download tool? Thanks!

Steve

I am just getting started with a Liquibase prototype for a major project we are working on to replace home-grown database change management with Liquibase. I work on a system that is air-gapped and does not have internet access.

The Liquibase GitHub page refers me to docs.liquibase.com for documentation. I guess the docs were never moved to GitHub?

Not having the ability to download a documentation package will be a major blocker for us in adopting Liquibase for our long-term needs for this project going forward. Has anyone successfully download the documentation pages with a crawler or something?

I just sent you a direct message @texpilot

Others out there, who else is facing this issue?

@texpilot I’m curious how a lack of offline documentation would be a blocker from using Liquibase?

@daryldoak Not all of our staff have access to the Internet. That may sound like a prehistoric world to some, but it is very common in the USA defense industry.

Without offline documentation available for liquibase, a new developer who has no knowledge about how to write a liquibase changeset using liquibase change types will be unable to do their job effectively and efficiently.

I have used the Chrome browser’s “Save Page As…” feature to capture sections and it appears to have worked okay for some sections, but due to security restrictions I cannot get the saves transferred without the aid of a SysAdmin, so again, it’s not ideal.

Whereas with Python, one can download the entire html documentation package and it is easy to make the documentation accessible to all on the program. Something like that for liquibase would be a tremendous help.

The liquibase --help output for command line arguments is very helpful, but when it comes to authoring change sets, I have been unable to find a CLI way to produce similar output for things like Liquibase change types such as the info found here:
Liquibase Change Types | Liquibase Docs

1 Like

@texpilot Thanks for the info. Makes sense. I was not aware of that.

@texpilot I am passing along this feedback to the team here that works on the Pro product. It might be something they can assist with providing.

1 Like

Many thanks, much appreciated.

1 Like